Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Mother of All Rallies


We made our way to Canberra for the Mother Of All Rallies, which turned out to be a wet day, but nevertheless there was a great energy in the air.
Ginger had celebrated her birth day (and so had I!) a few days earlier so it was very fitting and lovely to be there with my little homebirth babe whose entrance to the wolrd changed my life in so many ways.

It was a fantastic turn out. The whole time I was wondering how many people were there. I guessed in the hundreds but media reports range from 2000-3500, so that is fantastic!

Considering 99.9% of people came from outside of the ACT it really demonstrated how passionate we are about homebirth. How important it is in our lives.

I met loads of other homebirth mummies, it was so great to put faces to so many names.

We have such a long way to go. Our fight has only just begun. Despite statements made by Nicola Roxon just days before the rally, the federal government has every intention of making homebirth an impossible choice for Australian women, and this is an utter tragedy for all of us.






No comments:

Post a Comment